Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Night I Drove a Bus (Almost Off a Cliff)

Yes, I'm still alive. Kind of. Work is annoying me. The first thing that happened today when I came in was the office technology scheming against me again. (Won't name any names.........*cough* COPIER! *cough*) Yesterday I had a duel with the "heavy duty" stapler. Hehe, yes I did just say duty. The stapler won. Anyway, today the copier decided to get a chunk of crumpled paper stuck way in the back where not even the tiniest of hands can reach. I swear one day I will rage against those copiers and leave a path of destruction. That's how angry they make me.

I am easily annoyed these days because of my lack of sleep. If the incredible hulk didn't turn green and run around with little pants, that's who I would be.

SO about my dream! It has been one of the only ones lately that hasn't been either in pieces that I forget quickly, or wasn't too personal.

It started off in my apartment. One of my old friends who I don't speak with much anymore was there, and she was very pregnant. It was raining quite hard outside and was beginning to flood, and she kept talking about how worried she was that she was going to go into labor while there was a flood. I guess that was a pretty sound argument.

This next part was a little hazy, but it's too weird not to mention. For some reason my landlord was out of town and had a replacement, only the replacement guy thought he needed to come over and "babysit" us. This guy comes back later, but this is when the interesting part happens.

I decide to leave the apartment, even though it was flooding (there was actually water accumulation when I went outside. It only looked like flooding from looking out of the windows). I probably left because I did not want to be treated like a child by some silly fake landlord guy. Instead, I thought it would be cool to drive a bus. I'm not sure this is normal for other people, but I cannot drive in dreamland. Literally, I swerve all of the roads and cause havoc. Animals, people, city structures, and other vehicles are not safe from my driving.

side note: I'm not sure if this is a reflection of my fear of driving, because I don't actually swerve all over the roads hitting children and cows in real life. But, I have been in two accidents, so I am ever convinced that I will continue to get into accidents. Other than having slight ADD (which I think everyone has), I really don't think I am that bad of a driver. I am probably worse now because I am nervous and paranoid that I am going to kill myself or someone else.

Anywhoo, here I am driving a city bus. I decide I can steal one and ride around town and replace someone's job for the time being. Denzel could get away with this. For some reason, I am not driving in the driver's seat, but the seat right behind it. This is probably because I am a bad ass. However, I quickly realize I can't open the door to let people out or in because the switch is on the actual steering wheel by the driver's seat. So I decide to crawl up to the driver's seat, where I seemed to drive worse. If you imagine driving on, say, mario kart, with using your teeth to control the controller instead of your heads because they are tied behind your back, that's about how I was driving. I was all over the road taking excessively wide turns and causing a ruckus.

This next part is also very typical of driving dreams. Once Denzel realizes she has utterly destroyed the earth and killed innocent lives, she feels the need to run away and pretend like she wasn't the cause of the calamity. I distinctly remember thinking, if I just go return the bus now, nobody will know it was me. These driving dreams are always extremely vivid, and I usually wake up feeling panic like I am responsible for destroying the earth.

So I am pretty sure I either left the bus where it was or returned it (kind of wish I remembered that part), but I decided to go back home and see what was going on with the babysitter landlord man. Amused that he was supposed to be the one "babysitting" us, I walked in from the back door to find him fast asleep in our little mud room with 2 to 3 small slow cookers going, heating up some cheese. He burned it. I shook my head and turned of the cookers, obviously mourning the loss of cheese.

2 comments:

  1. Do you even know how to drive an automatic?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm back seat driver.............lol or should I say first row driver??

    ReplyDelete